AC units help keep the air in your home fresh and clean while helping you maintain the desired temperature levels in your residence. According to the Environmental Protection Agency, you should get your entire air ducts cleaned and serviced at least once every five years. However, to ensure that you are always breathing quality air and prevent your unit from manufacturing, most manufacturers recommend getting your unit cleaned thoroughly more often.
There are several key reasons why you should get your unit cleaned regularly. They include:
• To prevent the re-circulation of dirty air, germs, and bacteria in the air that you breath
• To ensure that your unit continues operating optimally
• To prevent your unit from deteriorating
• To avoid the hefty costs of replacing your entire unit
• To maintain a quality lifestyle in your property by ensuring that the air within is always clean and fresh
Given that most parts of an HVAC system are usually installed and hidden out of sight, many homeowners tend to forget to get the internal components of their HVAC units, like the air ducts, cleaned and serviced until the entire system fails.
So, how can you tell if the air ducts in your HVAC system need to be cleaned? Read on to understand the top signs that signal it may be time to call an experienced AC unit cleaning professionals like 4 Seasons Air Care.
Top Signs That You Need to Get the Air Ducts/Vents in Your HVAC System Cleaned
1. You Can Smell a Strange Odor When You Turn Your HVAC on
One of the critical functions of an AC unit is to keep the air in your home fresh, clean, and hygienic. This means that ordinarily, there should be no pungent odors wafting through your residence if your HVAC unit is operating optimally.
If you can still smell pungent or bad odors in your home even after cleaning and turning your unit on, it may mean that some insects or rodents may have died in your air vents. Bad odors signal that it is time to inspect and thoroughly clean your air ducts.
2. You Can See Dust Filtering Through the Air
Your AC unit should have the capability to filter out dust particles from the air within your property. If when you open your blinds or curtains, you can see dust particles in the light filtering into your room, it simply means that your air ducts have gotten clogged by excess dust particles.
The only way to get rid of the dust and dander in the air that you are breathing and, in the process, avoid health complications is to call in experienced AC cleaning technicians who can thoroughly clean all sections of your vents with state-of-the-art equipment.
3. Your Respiratory Complications Start Suddenly Flaring Up
Pet dander, dust, and mold can lead to allergic flare-ups or exacerbate certain respiratory health complications such as asthma or sinusitis. Suppose you have enjoyed a swath of time without experiencing allergic outbreaks or respiratory health complications, and you are suddenly faced with an attack of respiratory complications. In that case, it may indicate that you are breathing air that is filled with dust, dander, allergens, and other complications, thanks to breathing dirty air that recirculates through your air ducts. Clean your air duct in NYC
By cleaning getting your air ducts cleaned, you will be able to get rid of dust, debris, and other allergens that can exacerbate your respiratory complications.
4. Your Unit Suddenly Starts Producing Funny Noises
Ordinarily, your unit should operate silently without producing any ‘wheezes or ‘swooshing’ sounds. If your unit suddenly starts making funny sounds that you have never heard before, it is a clear signal that your air vents are blocked by debris, dust, or dead insects hence the need to acquire professional air duct cleaning services.
5. You Can See Mold Growing Along with Your Vents
Mold can cause severe respiratory complications if breathed in for an extended period. Though it can be hard to spot mold through the naked eye, if the air in your home smells musty, it may mean that excess humidity and moisture in your unit has led to the growth of mold and mildew inside your air ducts. This clearly signals that you need to clean your air ducts.
6. Rising Energy Costs
If your air ducts are dirty and clogged, your unit will consume more power to heat and cool your home, leading to higher energy bills at the end of the month. If you start getting high and unexplainable energy bills, you need to clean your Texas air ducts; click here, as they may be the prime culprit.
So, why hire 4 Seasons Air Care for Your Air Duct Cleaning?
– We offer free estimates, consultations, and advice to all of our clients
– We are seasoned, meaning that we know the best and most thorough air duct cleaning techniques
– We are armed with state-of-the-art cleaning equipment
– We have a proven track record of helping homeowners maintain the high-quality indoor air quality
– We offer quality services and exceptional customer service at the best rates in town
– We are highly responsive to all our clients
To get in touch with us for a consultation, free air duct cleaning estimates, advice, or set up an appointment with our experienced HVAC cleaning technicians, call us on (855) 512-2726 or visit www.4seasonsaircare.com.